-->

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Registration Poem

Shared by a SASFAA colleague, this poem is very fitting for this time of year.

 Twas the week before the registration and all through my brain

                Are visions of student files that need financial aid.

And I, with insomnia and my team all stressed out,

                Continue to smile but cry inside, no doubt.

When on the phones there becomes such a clatter,

We hide under our desk because we don’t want to know what’s the matter.

When what to our wondering eyes should appear – 

                An email! From a student who thanks us.

                Oh dear!

“My Pell Grant, my HOPE, you all are so great!  You processed my file even though I was late!”

The wonder! The awe! Could this really be?

                A happy student– yippee! Yippee!!

And my heart exclaims as the phone rings with another call,

                “Now graduate, graduate, GRADUATE all!!”



Poem by Phillip Hawkins – a SASFAA Colleague

No comments: