Good afternoon SASFAA,
As you have seen over the past few months SASFAA created a new on-line tool called the SASFAA Nine News. This is a new venture and was done for a couple of reasons:
· The newsletter has outlived its usefulness in this day and age of instant news reporting, so SASFAA Nine News was created in large part to replace the newsletter. It will allow newsletter articles to be reported in a timelier fashion.
· This summer SASFAA is changing hosts for the SASFAA website. Our current listserv is tied to ATAC, the current host. Changing website hosts to Wild Apricot will save SASFAA a few thousand dollars a year, so the move is a good one financially for the association.
Part of the thought process in creating SASFAA Nine News is that it would replace the listserv as well as the newsletter. To help encourage people to register for SASFAA Nine News and assist you in becoming comfortable with it, we have been posting duplicate messages to the listserv and SASFAA Nine News. This dual posting was never designed to be permanent…it was simply part of the transition process as the current listserv goes away this summer.
We have been working hard to prepare for our transition to the new website host and I am happy to report that we recently discovered Wild Apricot will provide us with the ability to utilize a listserv through their service. This is great news! So, what does this mean for you?
· First, this means we can go back to using SASFAA Nine News as strictly the newsletter replacement, but will allow us to post articles throughout the year in a timelier fashion than putting them in a quarterly newsletter.
· Second, we will stop posting dual messages (with the exception of this one) to the SASFAA Nine News and the listserv as there is no more need for a transition plan for SASFAA Nine News to replace the listserv. However, there could be occasions where duplicate messages will be posted, but it will not be the norm.
· Third, you should not need to do anything other than keep your SASFAA membership in good standing in order to have access to the new listserv once we make the transition. However, if we discover you do need to take some action, then a notice will be sent to the membership with instructions on what needs to be done.
The SASFAA listserv is restricted to SASFAA members only. Anyone, SASFAA member or not, can sign up for SASFAA Nine News.
We appreciate your patience as we move forward with this initiative.