Are you interested in serving or do you know someone that would be a great a great instructor for the summer NAOW? There are openings for the 2015 year. The proposed date for the workshop is June 14-19, 2015. The workshop is designed to provide a working knowledge of the federal financial aid programs, as well as an understanding of the laws and regulations that govern these programs.
Below are the guidelines for faculty selection and their duties. If you are interested or would like to recommend a colleague, please complete and return the “Instructor Recommendation Form” on/before Wednesday, September 3, 2014. Faculty positions will be reviewed by the Professional Advancement Committee in September and presented to the SASFAA Board in November. Individuals will be notified of selection by December 1, 2014. Instructors and alternates will be selected during the process.
Guidelines for Faculty Selection (P&P 6.14.1)
- Faculty members must be financial aid administrators who have been employed in the student financial aid profession for at least three (3) years, with preference given to those administrators with greater experience.
- Faculty cannot serve more than two (2) consecutive years except with the approval of the Board.
- Faculty must be active members of SASFAA.
- The vice president, in consultation with the president, will select the faculty. Recommendations will be solicited from the Professional Development Committee.
- Faculty selection criteria shall include state, type of institution or agency where employed, minority representation, teaching ability and professional attitude. Competency, professionalism and teaching ability shall be determining factors when selecting faculty.
Job Description and Responsibilities
· The instructor is expected to attend a planning retreat in the spring prior to the workshop.
· The instructor agrees to stay on site for the entire workshop.
· The instructor is expected to arrive at the summer workshop site on Friday prior to the beginning of the workshop (Sunday) and remain through the following Friday (close of the workshop). [Eight days]
· Agree to participate in all workshop-sponsored events.
· Understand that the commitment of being a NAOW Instructor is a two-year commitment with an annual contract issued at the discretion of the SASFAA Vice-President.
· Serve as the instructors for one-day workshop held in conjunction with the annual conference.
· Review curriculum materials provided. This should be done prior to arrival at the workshop.
· Work closely with teaching partner to make the classroom experience of the highest quality.
· Encourage participants in classroom and social activities, helping them to feel welcome and comfortable.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
SASFAA Vice President (2014-2015)