Your 2014-15 SASFAA Executive board will be meeting July 25-26th in Memphis, Tennessee. We plan to discuss the following:
- Operational Budget approval for 2014-15,
- All Policy & Procedure updates recommended by board members,
- Future Conference Site locations,
- Training Opportunities for 2014-15,
- SASFAA 2015 Conference,
- State updates from State Presidents, and
- Governance and Planning (GAP) Long Range Planning.
As you know, our theme for the year is: “Uncovering our Purpose, Power & Passion”
As we meet, we will keep this theme in mind as we discuss the above items, and also look at where we want our Association to be in the future.
The entire board is reading an excellent book that was recommended by NASFAA: “Road to Relevance” by Harrison Coerver & Mary Byers. This book provides strategies for associations to consider when they begin reviewing their long range planning. Operating as we have traditionally done for the last few years is not a viable option, and we must be disciplined strategists. During the year we will use insight from the book to lead our association to an ever-more valued, sustainable, and relevant future.
Updates from the meeting will be sent after our meeting. As always, I welcome all your comments and ideas.