-->

Friday, May 10, 2013

Update from President-Elect

Submitted by Zita Barree, President-Elect

Helen Keller said “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” What is that something that YOU can do? 

I wrote an article back in March announcing that the SASFAA Volunteer Form was available and so far, I have received 30 completed forms.  A big thanks to the thirty of you who have already volunteered!  Last year, 84 people volunteered and I want to do even better than that this year!  

It is time for YOU to volunteer (if you have not done so already) to help make this coming year a success for SASFAA!  Please go to www.sasfaa.org, click on “About SASFAA” and then “Forms” and you will see the “SASFAA Volunteer Form” at the top of the page. When you have submitted the information I will receive an email confirmation. One of the committee chairs will be in touch with you sometime between late June and late July. We will find a way for you to help SASFAA in some way if you volunteer!

And to repeat myself from my prior article, I used the following quote from T.S. Eliot in my speech at the SASFAA Annual Conference in February of this year when the gavel was passed to me:

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”

Please volunteer so that we can work together to find out how far YOU and SASFAA can go!


No comments: